Over the years, the attorneys of Schulman Blackwell have counseled many companies—US and foreign, their foreign affiliates, and individuals—on the scope, meaning, and application of the FCPA, UK Bribery Act, and related laws, involving a wide spectrum of countries and issues. Our anti-corruption practice primarily involves preventive advice, counseling, and training.
Schulman Blackwell offers the following anti-corruption related services:
• The design, development, and implementation of compliance programs, including training, benchmarking, and best practices advice;
• Providing counsel with respect to the scope and extent of due diligence, risk mitigation, and audits on partners, consultants, representatives, and other third parties;
• Providing counsel and representation to buyers and sellers in M&A transactions;
• Develop risk mitigation safeguards in a variety of transactional and dispute contexts;
• Advise on collateral regulatory regimes pertaining to marketing activities, sales commissions, anti-money laundering laws and regulations, tax issues, and political contributions; and
• Assist clients in resolving litigation or arbitration arising from FCPA compliance requirements.